When it comes to cleaning the house, mold control is very important. You need to be very careful while going on with this process. Today, we are going to talk about some steps which are important for mold control. Click here for Mold Cleanup Houston.
Help prepare your residence
If you have some old sheets or tablecloths available for our technicians, we suggest that you cover some items that you may have to keep dry. If it cannot be covered before the technician starts, he will make sure that it covers before beginning mist treatment. Visit this site for Mold Cleanup Houston.
Cover all electronic components, such as televisions, stereo, cable boxes with a cloth or an old sheet
Cover wooden furniture like tables or counters. Especially in old pieces that do not have a modern polyurethane coating.
In natural wood or marble floors, we will ensure that we cover with a waterproof or plastic membrane. It is not necessary to cover the ceramic tiles, but the coating will make cleaning after the application a bit easier. We do not recommend covering the concrete with carpets since the Mold Control will kill any mold that may be on those surfaces.
Countertops that are made of marble, natural products or have a high gloss should be covered.
During the Misting Activity of the Mold Control
We suggest that you and your family members (plus pets) leave the room during the actual nebulization process and wait for about 30 minutes until the water vapor has dissipated. There are no strong or dangerous chemicals and the room can be occupied again after our cleaning.
After the Fog is Over
After the fogging is completed, the critical success factor is to allow to dry. The mold control solution works as it dries by crushing the mold spores on the roots and leaving behind an invisible antimicrobial barrier to prevent future growth of mold.
If the area has air conditioning, run ac for approximately 4 hours to help dry. Open windows and doors if there is no air conditioning.
We suggest cleaning any wood, marble or natural surfaces that appear to be quite damp with a clean cloth and clean water. In general, we do not clean any vertical surface, such as walls or doors, as this will eliminate the microbial layer that protects against the future growth of mold.
The next day
Some floors or horizontal surfaces, such as countertops or tables, may need additional light cleaning to eliminate any saline product residue. Use clean water with a few drops of mild dishwashing detergent and then dry with a clean cloth.